- Exercise regularly. It both helps both by releasing endorphins and aids sleep.
- Don't listen to the news. Rather than listening to anxiety producing stories find some motivational reading.
- Keep in mind it is not all about you. People may treat you badly, but that often stems from their own weaknesses.
- Be present in your relationships. Really be focused and listen when you're engaged with others.
- Focus on what's working. Remember to take credit for the good things you do throughout the day, and not just the things you wish you could have done better.
Tuesday, March 27, 2012
Tips to avoid a nervous breakdown
StarTribune article Todd Patkin was an over achiever that was plagued by depression and anxiety throughout his life. Then after a prolonged period of despair and a doctor visit he realized that he needed to love himself unconditionally. Following are the additional tips he has to share with others.
Mr. Patkin has a book out entitled "Finding Happiness: One Man's Quest to Beat Depression and Anxiety and - Finally - Let the Sunshine In."