Friday, March 23, 2012

HUGE store, no bike rack

I rode my bike earlier in the week to check out a Menards home improvement store that had recently been rebuilt in Golden Valley. Turns out it went from being a large store to a huge one, with 250,000 square feet of shopping area.  It even had slow moving escalators to accommodate carts moving between the vast first and second floors.

Despite the gigantic building and good sized parking lot it didn't even have one single bike rack.  I encouraged the help desk manager to consider asking the big wigs to invest in a bike rack. Granted, it might be tough to haul a bag of cement or some 2x4s on bike, but the good Lord knows they've got plenty of other things for sale that could fit in a back pack or bike trailer.
If small is beautiful, this my friend is a M  O  N  S  T  R  O  S  I  T  Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment