Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Neighborly "win-win" deals

I just saved my neighbor a couple of hundred dollars and may be up just about as much.  How is this possible?  Well, a big oak tree went down in my neighbor's yard and I asked if he might like help getting rid of some of the wood.  He enthusiastically agreed.  So I brought my chainsaw over and had at it.  I made about 6-8 trips home with wood in the back of our car.

I'm also getting the benefit of many great workouts; first cutting the wood, then hauling it home, next hauling the wood up the hill in a wheelbarrow to the storage area in our back yard and finally splitting the wood.  

The oak dry for at least a year before burning it in our wood burning stove.  
I gather wood.  
I build fires. 
Oh what happiness. 
Oh what joy.
                    Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment