Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Baltimore Oriole
Hope that Father's enjoy their special day today.  I'm looking forward to a picnic with my Dad and Mom, and additional family members this afternoon.

I was thrilled to receive a telephoto lens from my family as a Father's Day gift (Tameron SP 70-300 F/4-5.6).  What a lucky guy am I!

Naturally I was out earlier this morning looking for photos.  A Baltimore Oriole decided to "make my day", and gave me a beautiful shot. 

Male Mallards having a drink
Speaking of fathers, yesterday I was pondering about where the male ducks go when the females are caring for the duckings.  I discovered a couple of them going out for a drink...  Hum, seems there are some similarities between our duck friends and us two legged folk.

Singing Baltimore Oriole

No comments:

Post a Comment