Monday, May 30, 2011

Reflections from cabin time

All hands on board putting in the dock
Dog on dock
Over the long Memorial Day weekend I enjoyed time away with my family in Wisconsin, at my brother and sister-in-law's cabin. I was reminded of a few favorite sayings while savoring the rustic setting...



  • While putting in the cabin's dock and boat lifts I was reminded "Many hands make light work."
  • Out fishing I recalled there are no guarantees of catching fish... that's why they call it "fishing" not "catching."
  • "If you snooze you lose." I was up early to witness a spectacular sunrise.
  • Don't believe everything you see on the news or read in the paper, especially the weather predictions. Despite a forecast for bad weather on Saturday, it was sunny and superb.  
  • "Every dog has its day."  The dogs at the cabin had a blast with each other and the chipmunks.
  • Bad jokes, like bad wine, get better with age (Okay, I made this one up).
  • Sunrise and loon
  • Having fun with family I was reminded you can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family ;-)  I'm blessed to have a great family, albeit a bit eccentric.
Sunrise over Fish Lake

2 comments:

  1. I like the wine and joke analogy.
    Very nice. But I'm not sure that there is any help for the box of Inglenook or Sinko de Mayo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, I think you're right on both counts!

    ReplyDelete