Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all who nurture and bring life into the world!  I'm sending a bunch of tulips to you!


Yesterday I was a part of a group of about a dozen neighbors that participated in our 8th annual park clean-up for good old Mother Earth.  I sensed that she and the surrounding plants, water and animals of Bassett Creek Park were all very much appreciative.  I didn't even get honked at by a goose, as I usually do.  They've just begun hatching their goslings.  We should all be nice to Mother Earth, cause if Mother Earth ain't happy, ain't nobody happy!

The flower pictures are from the University of Minnesota's St. Paul campus, which includes the horticulture program!

While scouting around enjoying the flowers I also came upon a cottontail rabbit.  It was nice to see it chewing on the grass, rather than the great abundance of tulips nearby.

I need to have a talk to the rabbits in our neighborhood that seem to enjoy eating flowers.  Do you think that rabbits are attracted to flowers for their looks or by their taste?

I've heard it best to use a carrot rather than a stick when trying to negotiate with rabbits ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment