Friday, November 5, 2010

What to do with excess of writing pens?

Pens from around the house
Doing a bit of office cleaning I discovered that between my office and our kitchen counter we had 64 pens and pencils stored up.  I'm wondering how common this might be with others.  I've got pens from hotels, conference centers, Realtors, banks and even one from "Hub Cap Haven". Seems we should consider a moratorium on the sales of pens for a year or more until we use the great abundance we have in storage.   Otherwise, won't the ink will simply dry out on this great excess of writing utensils? 

With the advent of computers people don't use pens to write much any more.  Seems I use the pen mostly for signing off on credit card purchases, which I'm trying to keep to a minimum. Writing ones signature doesn't require much ink. Besides, many stores are now using electronic pens for credit card purchases.

If I could figure out a way to convert the ink from all of the pens people have in storage, at work and at home, into printer ink I could make millions!  Any budding entrepreneur out there that could help me figure out this opportunity?

In the mean time, anyone in need of a pen or two, please let me know.  I've got about 63 extras.

No comments:

Post a Comment