Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ten years younger

I was at some friends over the weekend, when I received a complement that I looked 10 years younger since leaving my job a few months ago. Truth be told, I'm feeling 10 years younger too.  I can't wait for my 53rd, rather 43rd birthday in a couple of weeks!

It has been a blessing to have time to do some reflecting, relaxing, camping, hiking and kayaking.  I'm also enjoying running and biking.  When the snow comes I'm looking forward to waxing up the Nordic skis. 

I'm starting to think I should be looking for another job soon, so that after I retire from that one I might take off another 10 years.  Heck, might even be worth investing another 21 year stretch with an employer. That's a pretty good return on investment!

No comments:

Post a Comment