Friday, January 20, 2012

Warm thoughts for cold weather

Pictured above is one of my favorite family photos.  It was taken about 14 years ago, and is of my older brother and our daughter.  I had just purchased a point and shoot camera at a garage sale for my brother (pictured). This was a demo shot was taken to make sure the camera worked.

This picture reminds me that you don't have to pay top dollar for all of your stuff. Used items from a garage sale or thrift store can often do the trick. It is also a reminder to take time out to notice and smell the flowers when you can.  For, as is the case in Minnesnowta, the summer flowers quickly fade with the arrival of fall and winter months.

Our pretty little girl, now 17, and will be moving on before we know it.  What a wonderful thing it is to savor the precious moments we now have together with our family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment