Saturday, March 1, 2014

Finding peace with what's within your control

What should our response be to Global Climate Change? One response is to say it is beyond the influence of an individual, so don't worry our little heads over it. Personally, I find this passive and fatalistic.

While we might not be able to directly influence what the people in China or India are doing, such as purchasing air conditioners and automobiles, we can make changes within our own lives that will have an impact.

I feel blessed to be able to both walk to work and church, so I don't have to drive a car.  This practice has been great for me, since it provides exercise and a great opportunity to think and reflect upon important matters.

The prayer of serenity seeks to help people consider the things that they can change and those outside of their influence.... God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference. 

Another quote related to this subject was on Senator Cory Booker's Facebook page this morning... You can’t change what’s going on around you until you start changing what’s going on within you.

No comments:

Post a Comment