Thursday, August 9, 2012

Morning in the park


Yesterday was a beautiful morning in the park. I brought out the camera and captured a curved branch that with reflection appeared like a C in the water. It turned out to be a nice addition to my "pond art" series.

A juvenile American Bald Eagle captured a sun fish and enjoyed finishing it off while perched on the limb of a large cottonwood tree.

Perhaps the best photographic opportunity came at midmorning when I went for a run, and didn't have my camera along.  As I was heading down a wood chip trail a doe appeared and firmly stood its ground in the middle of the path, about 10 yards in front of me.  I paused and waited for it to move.  A couple of minutes passed, and about the only thing that it moved was its large ears and white tail.  Soon I discovered the reason why.  Up from below the trail, on the shores of a pond, came two spotted fawns.  Their mother then lead the way into the forested area.  I was happy simply to take in this moment with my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment