Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Surprising benefit of taking a break

Red fox - picture from the web
I took a brief break yesterday afternoon, and simply stared out the bay window into our back yard.  Much to my surprise it wasn't long before I noticed a mature red fox, with a fluffy white tipped tail, cruising around our firewood pile.   How cool is that?

Naturally, I went go grab my camera. The minute I opened the back door the red fox high tailed it off to the great white yonder.

This was a great reward for simply sitting down and relaxing.  I just might have to make this a habit. One of the hardest things for me to do is nothing.  Yet, doing nothing can also be one of the most productive things one can do at times.  How's that for a paradox?  See, now I'm even starting to think like a fox!

No comments:

Post a Comment