Sunday, March 13, 2011

Bumper stickers

Car with bumper stickers by St. Mary's Basilica in Minneapolis
I haven't put a bumper sticker on my car for years.  However, with some of my early vehicles I was liberal with stickers.  For these rolling death traps the addition of stickers greatly enhanced their structural integrity.

I have to confess to enjoy reading stickers on other's cars that unabashedly broadcast their beliefs.  My all time favorite combination of stickers was on a day, years ago, that I first saw a sticker with a red heart and then a picture of a pet.  Later in the day I saw a car with a sticker pronouncing "I love animals, they taste great."

Isn't it nice to live in a democracy where we can freely share our opinions without fear of repercussions?

I must admit, however, to having a pet peeve about people that have fish bumper stickers, or others that indicate a Christian belief, who are flying down the highway or cutting people off as they drive.  Not the kind of advertising I would like to see for Christians.

No comments:

Post a Comment