Wednesday, December 22, 2010

More people using less gasoline in US

City of Crystal snow blower

While the population in the U.S. grew by about 10% this past decade, to nearly 309 million, our consumption of gasoline these past four years has actually fallen.  The diminished gas use is attributed to vehicles with better mileage, less driving and increased use of ethanol. 



BIG TIME snow mover!

I fought the urge to use a gas powered snow blower to clear the driveway from the last snowfall.  Shoveling was good exercise, and thankfully my back seems no worse for the wear. 

Though I'm typically not one for making New Year's resolutions, this year I plan to commit to being more contentious about saving fuel; be it by car pooling, riding my bike/walking or simply clustering travel for shopping needs and other errands when possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment