Saturday, March 10, 2012

Icy beauty

Ice foam

Rows of cracks
While walking yesterday around Bassett Creek Park I noticed some foam on the creek that I found quite interesting.  So, I went back home to get a camera and see if I could capture some of the beauty.  On the way to shoot the foam I couldn't help but wander out on the pond to explore.  It turns out there were a lot of interesting things to see out on the ice.  To add to the adventure I got to hear some significant cracking while touring the pond.  Not to worry however, I avoided walking near the outlet and inlets to the pond, where the ice was not as solid.

I tinted the pictures blue in post production processing to add some interest.

To enlarge, simply click on picture.

Ice cracks
Ice lightening

No comments:

Post a Comment