Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Great Blue Heron

Yesterday I thought I might try a new approach to photography.  Rather than simply focusing on wildlife and nature scenes at Bassett Creek Park, I decided to throw my camera in a carrier bag and take it with on a bike ride, covering a course I had run earlier in the day. I was hoping I might possibly see the Wood Duck and pair of Blue Jays I discovered on my run.

Less than a block after taking off on my bike I discovered this Great Blue Heron on the shores of one of the ponds at Bassett Creek Park.  I rode the rest of my scenic five mile running route, but didn't find anything nearly as interesting to shoot.

So, once again, this experience supported my theory that one of the best place to find beauty is close to home.



No comments:

Post a Comment